Monday, June 9, 2014

Barca “almost” bad bad incident! 6-9-2014


                So lexii and I up to this point in our trip with only a few days left have had NO problems what so ever with anyone trying to steal things or cause us harm or anything…. After many family members and friends telling us all these awful stories and telling us to be careful we were very happy we could go home and say we had no issues.

NOT ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                So let me explain in a briefly manner…..
                                We were at the beaches of Barcelona around 11:30pm…. Late you may say but actually the beaches were covered in groups of people spread through-out the beach…all drinking and just chilling having a good time.  We had bought wine, sangria, sprite, cheese, and bread and were just enjoying the nice weather at night.  Along with all the people hanging out, behind us there was some kind of festival going on because there were tons of people dancing and singing and fireworks going off in the streets.
                All of a sudden a guy walked up to me and said “do you want any beer or weed” (now this happens often and they normally just walk away and move on)… I say no dude we don’t need any of that can’t you see we already got stuff.  He continues to push for the sale of weed and what not. This guy is on my left and while this is happening Lexii (on my right) looks towards her purse and notices it’s GONE!!!!  She turns around and sees a guy walking away, she gets up and runs and says “hey you stop.”  Meanwhile I’m in a brief shock of what is happening and look at my guy on left and hold my back…I saw naa don’t want any dude, he leaves and walks away…  Meanwhile Lexii (now roughly 30 yards behind me) is talking to the guy and says “hey give me my purse back!”….the guy gives the purse back….she notices the purse is unzip.  She then says “now my wallet.”   The guy gives the wallet back and walks away… Lexii walks back to me and we are like “let’s pack up and leave”….  Briefly overwhelmed in the moment and still trying to understand what just happened we pack up and leave.  The adrenaline and stress still flowing through our veins we drink some more “homemade” sangria to calm the nerves haha.
                We took the metro and make it back to the hotel and well I’m now writing this…. Almost 1:30am now.   Long day and night but still pretty wired from the situation… could have been far FAR worse.   For all the family and friends WE ARE SAFE!!!!   Good night everyone! Tomorrow we are taking trains over to Madriddddddd.

                 EDIT: even though what happened tonight, we had come to enjoy what Barca has to offer.  The nightlife seemed pretty cool…maybe it was because these celebrations of some kind were going on but we had better food and enjoyed the beach….reminded Lex of the beaches of Socal in a way.



No comments:

Post a Comment