Monday, June 9, 2014

Rome – 6-7-2014


                The past few days have been some good ones; we enjoyed the majority that Rome had to offer such as the trevi fountain, pantheon, coliseum and the whole Vatican museum.   The Vatican museum was amazing and im so glad we paid for this guided tour because without this amazing tour guide we had then we would have been walking around all the artwork in the blind and have no idea what we were looking at.  It was well worth it, I’ll never forget Fee( tour guide).
                Early into our Rome trip we met lexii’s friend Paige which she spent the wine business class with before I arrived.  Along with Paige was Paige’s sorority sister who we spent the last few days with.  We checked out the tours together and spent most nights at a local hostel bar called “the yellow”.  This bar was basically an international college youth bar.   Walking into this bar reminding me of what I would see in Rohnert Park or Campbell…  We met many people in the past few days from these tours and bars and actually realize how small this world is, such as meeting a random guy who spent the last 12 days in Israel with my old team mate Garrett Gooch. 
                Now Rome was amazing yet tiring at the same time.   I say this because this city is very busy and very touristy.  Wherever we went there was some tourist group already ahead of us or behind us and we were also walking around in 85 Degree weather.  Regardless we got to see some amazing buildings and some amazing art. Like I said before, without our tour guide for 2 days, then we would have basically learned nothing.  She was amazing and very informational yet not boring in one bit.
                One final week before we are flying back to the states…. Sad in a way but yet refreshing.  This trip has been great and I have seen a lot, yet I can’t wait to relax a little and just enjoy the comfort of home.  I can’t wait to come home to my parents and puppies and just be welcome in an open house and one that speaks all of English haha.

                The funny crazy thing is as soon as my parents pick lexii and I up at the SFO airport, soon after we arrive home and enjoy some family time and tell the family about our trip before they go to bed we will have to meet our friend Miguel for his birthday at the Campbell bars in San Jose.   I’m assuming we will be plenty away because of the 9 hour change difference.  Other than that I can’t wait to just relax for a few days with my family and tell stories before I leave once again for Cancun with part of Lexii’s family for a week.







No comments:

Post a Comment