Monday, May 26, 2014

Day 1 – SFO to Paris

                Let me start off saying it has not hit me that I am leaving for Europe and I have already passed security, hugged my parents and taken pictures and all that zazzzzzz.   Now I sit here at Gate 24 an hour before my flight and the terminal is empty.  After sitting for 25 mins I decide to ask the front desk if any upgrades are available. This is when I am told for the first time that the plane has been delayed and won’t even be arriving to SFO till after 3:00pm.  My flight is scheduled for 2:40pm.   The flight has been postponed till 5pm.  FML.    At first I find this to be a major setback and not so great start to this trip. 
                I start walking around this now empty international terminal since everyone else’s plane was on time while I found out my Paris plane for whatever reason had to turn around and go back to Paris haha.

Edit (days later) – I look back on this not so perfect start to my trip and realize this delay actually made my trip so much better.  I ended up going to an airport bar and grabbing some food and beer.  Cost me an arm and leg but it turned out to be pretty awesome experience.  Talked to the bartender and sat next to some passengers who were also waiting for the Paris delay.  All in all I met some nice people a family who were vacationing to France for 2 weeks.  The father was buzzing and buying his family shots and wine. 

1 comment:

  1. not bad for a "wannabe blog" greg :) good idea to keep a blog I was way too lazy when i was traveling. idk what time it is there but i'm going to try calling lex over viber a couple times today and maybe by some miracle it will work!! awesome pics, post more!! love you guys, have fun at the open & say hi to dave for me too!! xoxo kels

    ReplyDelete